* Joyce Kelly wanted to know why Compton has a dysfunctional casino, and asked how often the Council members visit there. She said get used to the term lame duck.
* Kelly said the average water bill in Long Beach is $64.25, and $71.05 in L.A. County for a single family residence. She alleged Kambiz Shoghi said on June 5, that one person uses 156 gallons of water per day, which equals $53 per month more for 4,320 less water. Kelly hopes the new budget does not include a raise for Shoghi.
* Yvonne Arceneaux said it is unfortunate that the bonds fall on the backs of citizens but the pipes are dilapidated.
* Shoghi said Kelly's comments were untrue, and he invited her to come to his office with comments. He said Kelly referred to herself as a lawyer, and he does not know what kind of lawyer she is.
* Kelly called Shoghi a liar, and said she wrote down everything he told Mayor Perrodin at the June 5, meeting.
* Arceneaux said Shoghi was speaking about the water rates, and found it unfortunate that Kelly brought salaries into the discussion.
* Lynn Boone said she never accused Arceneaux of being too old, and said she feels Arceneaux has been serving on the
Council for too long. She said some Council members have taken ownership of their seats, and they expect the community to serve the Council, rather than vice versa.
* Arceneaux said she serves the community the best she can. She said sometimes she has to sacrifice political points for the betterment of the community and if Boone does not like it, well, sorry.
* David Irons said Bryan Batiste told him that he could not put a portapotty at Gonzales Park because it creates liability issues for the city. He said it does not matter if a rape occurred in the park or in a toilet, because the city would still be liable either way.
* Kelly wanted to know what cutbacks they took to reduce the deficit, and said they did not give back Urban Community Development Commission money because it still has meetings.
* Lynn Boone accused the former Community Redevelopment Agency of not completing one project in seven years and misuse and misappropriation of funds.
* William Kemp said Batiste is a good keeper of the fort and balanced the books, but the city needs development and he does not know what his qualifications are. He said Compton Boulevard looks like a shanty town.
* Joanne Morales said her friend, Dr. Lloyd Wilkins, gave a speech inspired by Shakespeare on May 22, and Yvonne Arceneaux giggled and Willie Jones said he needed an agent. She said his agent is God, who revealed the feelings of Mayor Perrodin toward the residents of Richland Farms. She said her friend is not a fool, and when he said “the fools” he laughed at everyone.
* Morales said she would dumb it down from Shakespeare to Pee Wee Herman, and if Perrodin thinks they are fools, her response is “I know you are but what am I?”
* Dr. Lloyd Wilkins said the mayor needs to apologize.
* Yvonne Arceneaux interrupted Wilkins, and said other than being called a witch, she thought it was amusing, and she was surprised Wilkins had such an ability for the arts.
* Wilkins said there are witches in Compton.
* Arceneaux said she is covered by the blood of her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
* Zurita called for a recess, and Arceneaux said she wanted to continue.
* Zurita said she understands taking a hit and continuing.
* Lee Wax said Wilkins is a tough act to follow.